1,000 Cherry Trees (Hitome Senbon Sakura)
30 minutes from Sendai Station by train, nearly 1,200 cherry trees line up on Shiroishi Riverside in Ogawara Town and the area is called as “Hitome Senbonzakura (1,000 Sakura trees at a glance)”. You can see amazingly beautiful view of cherry trees in combination with snow-covered Mt. Zao in the distance.
There are many kinds of cherry trees including Yoshino cherry (Prunus yedoensis), White Mountain cherry, Double-flowers cherry and Sendaiyoshino. Sakura festival is also held during best time in every year and a lot of people gather for enjoying Sakura and street stalls. At night you can enjoy fantastic Sakura under light as well.
- Access: Three minutes-walk from JR Ogawara Sta. or Funaoka Sta.
- Parking lot: 300 only for standard size car (temporary parking lot)
- Best time: Early to middle April
|Address||Shiroishi Riverside, Shibata, Ogawara Town|
- The facilities and stores introduced have implemented measures against coronavirus such as alcohol disinfection, ventilation, and partitioning.
- Please wear a mask, disinfect your hands, and cooperate with social distancing when you use the facilities and stores.